Steve Wingfield lives, eats, and breathes evangelism. Everybody who knows him would simply say, “That is who and what he is.”
Steve serves as CEO and Evangelist of Wingfield Ministries, Inc., and Victory Weekend, headquartered in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. A Virginia native, Steve has been in ministry for over 45 years serving as a pastor in Roanoke before devoting himself to full-time evangelism.
Steve’s accomplishments include:
- Graduate of Eastern Mennonite College and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Honorary doctorate from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary
- Instructor at Billy Graham Training Center; Palau Alliance Connect Conference, Portland, OR; and Tyndale Theological Seminary in Amsterdam
- Author of several books including Winning the Race Every Day, Live the Adventure, and Guiding Principles to Live, Learn, and Lead.
- Co-author of the best-selling Come to the Table: Food, Fellowship, and a Celebration of God’s Bounty and Share the Bounty: Finding God’s Grace through the Spirit of Hospitality
- Conducted scores of area-wide evangelistic events in 16 states and 17 foreign countries
- Instrumental in establishing the organization Jesus – Hope for Romania just after the Romanian revolution in 1989.
Steve and his wife Barbara make their home in Mount Crawford, Virginia. They are the parents of two grown children, Michelle and David, and are the proud grandparents of eight beautiful grandchildren.
He is often quoted as saying, “I have been called, and I am committed to using every available means to reach every available person.”
Steve has exemplified this calling through the creation of Victory Weekend. Victory Weekend is an evangelistic outreach geared toward NASCAR and their loyal fans. Bringing music, excitement, patriotism, honor, and the gospel, Steve has shared the message of Jesus to thousands of people at some of the world’s most famous racetracks across the country.
Steve’s heart’s desire is to train and equip a new generation to do the work of the Lord and to encourage pastors and church leaders to stay faithful to the Word of God. Likewise, he is passionate about helping those who have been beaten and battered by the trials of life. Steve felt the Lord was calling him to create a space where people can find healing, hope, restoration, and renewal to their calling. Thus, the birth of the Lodestar Mountain Inn. This beautifully handcrafted retreat center will be the home of a wide variety of ministry outreaches and evangelism for generations to come. It is the culmination of Steve’s years of faithfulness to the Lord’s calling and further proof of God’s greatness and favor.
Steve also serves as the CEO of Lodestar Guidance. Lodestar Guidance is a character development curriculum that is changing the way we live and lead. This program is raising up a new generation of leaders filled with godly character. Using forty-eight principles, Lodestar Guidance details godly traits portrayed through the life of Jesus as well as the most influential men and women in history. This innovative program is available for use by anyone seeking personal growth and development. From families to top businesses and from the Sunday School classroom to the board room, many are benefiting from the tools taught in Lodestar Guidance.